Sunday, April 19, 2009

Second Attempt


I was going to write my blog, but discovered I didn't have very many nice things to say first thing this morning (due to a certain minor events that did not particularly involve me, but hurt my feelings nonetheless). So I stuck to the old saying, "If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all."

Today was uneventful, except that I got to see my Hannah after TWO WHOLE WEEKS!!! We both agreed that we didn't realize how much we missed each other until we hung out again. We have so much fun together, and I think it possibly has something to do with the fact that we are equally insane. The three bigger kids were running around the living room yelling while Abby was sleeping in her car seat, and we were attempting to keep them in Alanna's room while we cooked. All Hannah could do was sit on the footstool and giggle every time I ran out to shoo them back into Alanna's room. What a pair we make! You would be amazed how well we cope with 5 kids in the house, ages 7 mos, 8 mos, two 4 year olds and a 5 year old!!!

This evening brings me to something in my developmental psychology book:

Expressive tie: a social link formed when we invest ourselves in and commit ourselves to another person (i.e. friends, family, lovers) Through association with people who are meaningful to us, we gain a sense of security, love, acceptance, companionship, and personal worth.

Primary relationships: social interactions that rest on expressive ties, we view these relationships as ends in themselves, valuing in their own right. These relationships tend to be personal, intimate, and cohesive.

I love my friends, each and every one of them. They give me strength and words of encouragement when I think I absolutely cannot make it through one more day. For them I am ever grateful.

On a side note, I LOVE my psychology professor. She is an amazing woman, and I have gained so much from taking her classes (I took her class last semester too), both academically and personally. She is so encouraging in many ways, and I think that getting her for some of my first college classes has made such a lasting impression. Now only if my history teacher would work on his game a little...

No comments:

Post a Comment