Saturday, March 21, 2009

New Definition of Best Friend

I have some awesome friends, they are my besties. These are the girls who have stuck by my side through the thickest of the thick, and I just love them so much that words can't even do it justice. I don't know how I would have coped through this deployment without their sweet words of encouragement, then continuously telling me what a great job I am doing, and backing up my choices (no matter how tough they are to make). This deployment has shown me more than ever who is really there for me, and who genuinely cares. I have made some new and incredible friends, and I have also lost some. Like I have stated in the past...the Lord giveth and he taketh away. Everything happens for a reason, even when you don't know what that reason is.

The day started out crappy to say the least. The kids didn't go to bed until way past their bedtimes last night. I figured they would just sleep in and I could get some studying done or some things accomplished around the house. Let me tell you, I couldn't have been more wrong. So when Randy woke up an hour earlier than he usually does, and he went to bed THREE hours late, I yes again ASSUMED he would take a decent nap. Yet again, I am a complete idiot. He screamed his head off from about 7am until after lunch time. (Except for the 20 minutes Dole and I were on the webcam of course -- how come daddys always get the good side of the kids?!)

Hannah and I did our usual 3-5 phone calls to each other during the course of the day (and yes, we live about 5 minutes away on post). She and I both did not accomplish as much as we should or could of, and we were being complete crankypants. Not to each other, heck, we even got a few good laughs in. (There is a point to his I swear!)

Sooooo she decided to make breakfast for dinner, but after telling the kids this she realizes she is out of Bisquick. When you have a 4 and a 5 year old that are really excited about having pancakes for dinner, this is NOT GOOD!!! Luckily I am a Sam's Club-aholic, so I have my super economy box...I measure out the 2 cups, stick in a plastic baggie and took off to her rescue. SO I am in the car, and I flipped thru the stations and settled on this rockin song on the Christian station (88.3 WAY FM). The more I listened, the more I fell in love with the song. It's what you would get if the Black Eyed Peas sang Christian music.

I get out of the car with Hannah's goodies in my hands (which included some celebrity gossip mags and the new VS catalogs)...and I say, "Does WAY FM have a website that I can find out which song was just played, this is going to bug the crap out of me until I figured it out!" She asked how it went, and of course I just stand there like "duhhhhh ummmm it had the word victorious in it teehee". No lying, the girl hands me a CD...one she had burned for me while I was on my way over, and it's got that song on it!!! There is NO WAY she could have known I would hear it on my way over, she just burned it because she thought I would like it (and boy she was right). I am now in love with Group 1 Crew who sings the song (called "Keys to the Kingdom").

She melted my heart, and also gave me some double chocolate minimuffins...here's to amazing friendsm with amazing intuition!!!

My bestie Jenna is recovering from her surgery, her husband is getting to stay home until May to help her out with their 3 children. I am so happy he got to stay home, I offered to come help out after he left (he was only supposed to come home for a week) but it looks like they got it covered!

In other trajic knews, my bestie Christina broke her ankle...teaching her son to rollerskate at a birthday party no less. BTW Christina I hope you are reading this...Dole laughed at you! So now she is also forced to take a break, and the men of the house are forced to give a helping hand with the household. A little taste of what the daily grind is like for her won't hurt them, that's for sure!

Well I have a TON of school work to do...a 10 page paper for psychology needs a topic chosen, I have 9 essays due by April 1st for my World Civilization class, not to mention the other psychology work that's coming up. Ho hum, such is life. I have to say, I am glad I decided to start going to school to fill the time until he comes home...I won't be like half the wives I have met here who are still slutting around Ft Campbell two days before their husband comes home from Iraq. You can do one of two things while your husband is gone...pour your heart and soul into everything you can to pass the time and be PRODUCTIVE, or you can throw your marriage down the shitter and whore around. Needless to say, I like being productive. I am a fan of my marriage too, so I'd like to keep it intact (although I am sure there are some people who would loooove to see me screw it up).

2 comments:

  1. The Lord works in mysterious ways. It never fails to amaze me how he gives us what we need exactly when we need it! Glad you found a new song that you like, and thank God for besties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what happened to Jenna? And did Christina have surgery? Wish the girls get well soon or else send me their addys for me to send them a card.
    xxmom

    ReplyDelete