Sunday, March 22, 2009

Bi-Polar Day

Today started off nasty. I got a nasty e-mail over absolutely nothing...the silliest thing in the world. The moral of the story is that if this person actually trusted me like they say they do, then my actions should not be questioned. End of story.

Then, someone commented my Facebook status with "why did you ever get married when you knew he would be in Iraq? All I hear from you is negativity". FIRST: HE IS IN AFGHANISTAN. Second: This person is NOT one to be preaching to ME about marriage! Third: My Facebook status is RARELY negative, only when I have had an emotionally or physically exhausting day, or when someone does something wretched to me and my feelings are hurt. I am not one to hide emotions, and if you don't like that, STOP READING MY $H!T!!! You don't like it, don't snoop on my Facebook and write me nasty crap! Don't read my blogs! You have an issue with me, CALL ME, IM ME, EMAIL ME...but do NOT embarrass me in front of my family and friends on my Facebook wall. Well, I removed said person (who has verbal dysentery) from my firnds list. Good riddance.So after all this I decided what the heck...I am going to go to church early. Even if I am just standing around doing nothing, at least I am around positive people who care about me more than SOME people (obviously) and they are total strangers. Since this is personal to me, and Hannah and I had some sacred, personal moments...I will not give you the details...BUT I became a Christian today. It's not like it was on my list of things to accomplish for the day, it's something that just HITS you like a Mack truck. I know some of you are reading this and rolling your eyes, but this is really important to me. This is important to my family. If you don't agree with it, fine. But this is what I believe in...and it is a big part of my life. I didn't join a cult, I became a Christian. I am going to be Baptised (again)...not dressed in some white frilly sack while my parents give me to some guy in a robe...not that there was anything wrong with my first baptism, I just don't remember it.

BUT I did develop quite a terrible headache from crying all morning...that even a Fioricet couldn't shake away. Hannah and I spent about 9 hours together with the kids between church and my house...where did it go? She tells me it's almost 7pm, then I looked at her and said "Yeah, the sun is starting to set Hannah, how did we not figure out how late it was?"

I love my life. I do. I just have to really let go of these silly things that people say and do...and give them to God to sort out. I struggle with that the most, my worries and fears overwhelm me sometimes, especially with the curveballs life has thrown lately. I am just lucky I have a friend that can shake me and say "Meg! Give it to God". She is so patient too, she knows just what to say and when to say it. What a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment